7 Healthy Sources Of Fat For Vegetarians
Sources Of Fats
So what are the sources that impart healthy fat to your body?
1. Almonds, nuts and seeds: You must have never thought about it, but almonds, walnuts or cashew nuts are a very rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that are found in fish and are actually good for your health. They add to the good cholesterol level.
Image Source - http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/the-benefits-of-soaking-nuts-and-seeds
2. Plant Oils: Vegetable oil, olive oil, sunflower oil or canola oil are very rich and healthy source of fat in food. Use these oils whenever cooking though in a limited amount. You may also use a small spoonful or two in your salad dressing.
3. Soya beans: Soya beans are a rich source of omegs-6 fatty acids.
4. Soy milk: Another good source of polyunsaturated fat.
5. Corn: Corn is also good source of unsaturated fat.
6. Avocados and olives: Yes, avocados and olives contain a good amount of mono-unsaturated fats. Have half an avocado per day. They are good for your heart and also improve your memory. The green soft flesh of avocado is rich in unsaturated fat. Mashed avocadoes as sandwich dressing, in salads or even raw with a pinch of salt and pepper, have it as you like.